What We Believe and Teach . . .
- God the Father as our Creator; Jesus Christ the Son of God as our Savior and Lord; the Holy Spirit as the Third Person of the Eternal God, who renews our hearts and makes us children of God.
- That the problem of the human race is sin - sin in all of us - sin makes it impossible for us to create a sure hope for ourselves (I John 1:8).
- That Jesus Christ is the only Savior from sin - that we find personal salvation through faith in Him - so that in Him we find peace and comfort in this life, and a sure hope for the life to come (John 20:31).
- That we are called to live a life of obedience and service to our Lord - in a spirit of thankfulness for our deliverance from sin and misery - and that real happiness is to be found in such a life, and in such a life only (Romans 14:17).
We subscribe to these 3 Ecumenical Creeds . . .
We also subscribe to 3 confessional documents jointly called the Three Forms of Unity.
* These and other documents can be found on our Federation's website www.urcna.org.